Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Brooch Card

Today's card is one I made for a friend's mom who is turning 90 years old in March.  I was inspired by the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #99 challenge.  It's to use fabric, lace or other trims in your project.

Here's what I came up with:


I used the Cricut Craft Room to weld my Elegant Edges image together to make the card base.
Then I cut the top layer a little smaller.  
I added some pretty yellow ribbon from my stash to bring out the yellow of the brooch. 
I had that pretty lace doily forever and finally broke down and used it.
I really wanted to hoard it... shame on me!
The brooch is something my mom picked up at a garage sale for me to use in my crafting.
I love taking old items and repurposing them.
I just removed the pin from the back and glue dotted the brooch to the card. 
The happy birthday sentiment is a rub-on. 
My papers are all DCWV
I added some liquid pearls to the corners and that's it. 

Thanks for taking a look.  I hope you'll take some time to leave a comment.
(I turned off that crazy word verification part!)

Have a blessed week. 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shaped card-the doily and brooch are so pretty:) Nice job! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It really means so very much to me.