Thursday, March 29, 2012

Birthday Butterfly

Two posts in one night!  ... I'm playing catch-up.   : )

For this post I'm sharing a birthday card I made for the Bitten by the Bug 2 Flourish challenge.  You're supposed to make a card using a flourish from the Cindy Loo cartridge... but I don't have that cartridge. So you can use any cartridge that has a flourish.

Here's my card:



I cut my flourishes & the butterfly from the Graphically Speaking cartridge.
I cut the tag from Elegant Edges.
My papers are from Pink Paislee.
The Happy Birthday sentiment stamp is from My Creative Time
I used the Fiskars Combo Border Corner punch on the matt layer.
I used foam squares to pop up the butterfly and the flourishes.
I inked all the edges and added some pearls.

Thanks for taking a look.  I'd love for you to leave a comment.
Each one is a blessing. 

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love how the flourish looks like the butterflies flight. Lovely papers as well. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just lovely...I always love something honoring a beautiful butterfly, but the fourish just absolutely makes it shine.
    Thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 flourish challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I always like it when I see a cut from a cartridge that I didn't know was on there. I had no clue that flourish or beautiful butterfly were on that cartridge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and elegant. I love the colors and the papers. The butterfly bursting out of the flourish is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful!! I love the placement of the pearls. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card!! I absolutely love the papers you used!! So pretty :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, the colours are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a Pretty card, love the touch of the pearls! So glad you joined us over at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a sweet card. I have a friend who adores butterflies and would go crazy for this card!!! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It really means so very much to me.