Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Its Your Day" DCWV card

Hi!  DCWV has posted their February 2013 card sketch challenge. You can check out the details of the challenge HERE.

This is my card.
(you can click on the picture to see it larger)



It's hard to tell in the picture but I made mine 3D by pop-dotting all the strips of paper. I don't know if you can tell in the picture below but I even "bent" the middle strip of paper in the center too.  It looks really cool in person. :)


The papers are from DCWV Sweet Stack.  

The stamped sentiment is from Fiskars. 

I'm off to work on making a layout for the February DCWV layout challenge. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a wonderful craft-filled day.

God bless.

Chris

Ok......after posting this I kept staring at my card and thinking it needed something else.  Does anyone else do this, or is it just me???   Anyway, I added a few pearl gems and now I like it better.

Here's a pic with the gems


Here's a little better view to see the dimension too. 

Ok.... now I can move on to the next thing. LOL!  : )

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Chris!! I love the papers you used and the design!! I do the same thing to my cards...adding things after I think it is done!! The gems were an awesome touch!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It really means so very much to me.