Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sympathy card

Ok, so I'm working on cards to give to my Mom as her Christmas present.  She's asked for quite a few sympathy cards. This is one I just made yesterday.  My style tends to be very simple. I'm not the best at adding layers or a lot of detail. (I'm hoping that I get better at that in the future but for now it is what it is.)  So I made this card and took a picture of it for my file.  This is the picture:
It's not a bad card, I don't think, but it seemed a little too simple even for me.  So I stared at it for awhile and then added some faux stitching to it.

And this is how it turned out.  Better?  I wish I had a steady hand to make my dashes look a little better.  I did stamp the flower image on the inside of the card and also on the envelope to give it a little something extra.

That's my card for today.  I'm hoping to get quite a few cards done on World Card Making Day.  I'll probably be sharing more with you then.  Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. I love it!
    I love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! I'm sure your mom will really appreciate the big stack of cards that you're making for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! No one likes to make sympathy cards or send them for that matter, but really, this is very pretty. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It really means so very much to me.