Monday, September 26, 2011

A few cards

I thought I'd start out with showing you some of my favorite cards I've made so far.
First up is a card I just made yesterday.  It's for my MIL's birthday at the end of October.
The stamp is from Stampin Up and the papers are all from DCWV.  The "love always" stamp is from Fiskars. The stamp actually has a border around the words but I taped them off so I just inked the words.   I inked the edges of the card base and the white paper with Pink Geranium from Martha Stewart. I inked the green paper and the oval sentiment with Dark Brown from Color Box.


I also used Studio G glitter glue on the flowers to give them some bling. I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. I hope my Mother-in-law likes it.

Next I'll share the card I made for my brother and his wife.  They just celebrated 18 years of marriage yesterday.  It's a pretty simple card but I thought it was cute.  I cut the giraffes from my ZooBalloo Cricut cartridge.  I think I cut them at 4.  I also cut the grass from this same cartridge. The Happy Anniversary stamp is Hero Arts.  I took the picture before I went back over the sentiment with more ink.  It needed to be darker.  The bow on the girl giraffe was just a piece of scrap cardstock that I cut to look like a bow and I drew around it in black marker.   It's hard to tell from the picture but I inked around the card base in a blue to kind of look like the sky.


Anyway, a simple card but cute.

Lastly, I'll share a thank you card I made for a friend who gave me some hand me down clothes for my daughter.  The paper is from DCWV Nana's Nursery stack.   I cut out some of the dresses to make the banner and used rub-on letters to spell out thanks. I made them stand up with some foam squares. I'm not sure where I got the orange strip of paper I used. Sorry about that. The string is some green floss.


So thanks for looking. I hope you enjoyed your time here.

1 comment:

  1. these are all super cute, great papers and design...hope your week is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It really means so very much to me.