Monday, December 3, 2012

Get Well Wishes Card

Thanks to all who sent me encouragement and love regarding my last post about my sister's breast cancer diagnosis.  A little update on her; the surgery is done.  She's recovering from it pretty well. Lots of pain but she's back to work (she's a teacher.)  The best news of all is that she doesn't have to do any chemo.  They believe that they got it early enough and removed what was there... so we are celebrating this extra special blessing.

Now on to the card.  I finally got brave and used some of the black card bases and envelopes that I have had for quite some time.  I don't know why I was intimidated by them but I was.  



 This picture is of the inside and of the envelope. I really love how this turned out. It's up there toward the top of my all time favorites.

The beautiful patterned papers and the bicycle tag and inside flower are all from Webster's Pages.  I LOVE their products.  So, so pretty and great quality. 

The "get well wishes" stamp is from My Creative Time's Pain Pain Go Away set.
The "feel better soon" stamp is from Sweet Stamp Shop's set called Scootin By.
The flower stamp on the envelope is a 2007 Stampin' Up stamp.

I'll throw in a few bonus cards today... no deets...just pictures.
These are some cards I've made lately and haven't had time to share.
If you want details, just drop me a comment and I'll get back to you. :)


This little guy is on an action wobble! Love those. They are so fun!
(if you want a good deal on action wobbles, check out Pink & Paper's store)







Thanks for taking a look.

Hope you're "keeping calm and crafting on."  .... 
lol... I keep seeing those quotes like that and they are stuck in my head. 

God bless.

-Chris

 

4 comments:

  1. First of all, such good news about your sister. What a blessing that she doesn't have to have chemo. And your cards are all fabulous!! I love the black card base!! The card and matching envelope are gorgeous!! I really love the horse stamp, too!! I hope you are doing well!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! You always have such sweet things to say.

      Delete
  2. PTL for the wonderful news about your sister!!
    Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It really means so very much to me.