Friday, December 27, 2013

Family Birthday Tracker

Hello friends. Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas.  I enjoyed every minute of our celebrations with our families.  We are so blessed. : )

I did my first real Pinterest project.  My mom saw this birthday tracker on pinterest and told me that was what she wanted for Christmas.  So I did my best to create one for her.  I think it turned out pretty good.



I bought the base from Michael's.  I added the hooks to the bottom. They were gold which I didn't care for but I decided I could spray paint them along with the base.  I used Krylon dual Paint + Primer and it worked beautifully.   I cut the letters for "Family Birthdays" using my Cricut and DCWV paper.  I wish I had centered it better but I'd already mod podged them and couldn't move them. Poor planning on my part.
The letters for the months of the year, I just stamped on the wood.  It didn't come out quite dark enough so I went over them with a Sharpie.  I also used the sharpie around the edge of the frame.  The tags are  circle tags you can get at an office supply store. I think there were 50 in the package. I gave my mom all the extras so she could add anyone else to the bithdays that I might have missed. 
I hot glued a flower to the center just to add a little interest.

Not bad for my first attempt. ;-)

I received some super scrapbooking products for Christmas.  Hopefully I'll have some nice things to post for you coming up in 2014.  

Thanks for taking a look.

God bless.

-Chris


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a great idea this is!! It looks so awesome!! I love it!! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas!! New year hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It really means so very much to me.